so this is random, has nothing to do with chi alpha, and is just fun.
taste of home‘s zuccini pancakes.
(with my little comments)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I left this out because i didn’t have any, and it was fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini (I did like 1 c of zuccini and 1/2 cup of carrot because I had it in the fridge.)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter (I used olive oil)
- Sour cream, optional (not optional for me- so so so delish!)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. Combine the zucchini, egg, onion and mayonnaise; stir into dry ingredients until well blended. (Mine was a little dry so I added a liiiitle bit of water.)
- In a large skillet, melt butter. (again, I used olive oil) Drop zucchini mixture by cupfuls into skillet; press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 3 servings.